From: john on
this is from 2006, but still valid

"john" <nospam(a)bt.com> wrote in message
news:X9SdnTjZY-4UNlfWnZ2dnUVZ7rudnZ2d(a)bt.com...
> Scientists fear MMR link to autism
>
> By SALLY BECK, Mail on Sunday
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html
>
> 18 April 2010
>
> New American research shows that there could be a link between the
> controversial MMR triple vaccine and autism and bowel disease in children.
>
> The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew
> Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.
>
> Now a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North
> Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel
> disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles
> virus.
>
> Last night the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of
> results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild
> measles.
>
> 'This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of
> children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence
> of measles virus.
>
> 'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and
> published in 1998 is correct. That study didn't draw any conclusions about
> specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the
> implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that's the case,
> and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some
> children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be
> related to the MMR.'
>
> The 1998 study by Dr Wakefield, then a reader in gastroenterology at the
> Royal Free Hospital in North London, and 12 other doctors claimed to have
> found a new bowel disease, autism enterocolitis.
>
> At the time, Dr Wakefield said that although they had not proved a link
> between MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and autism, there was cause for
> concern and the Government should offer the option single vaccines -
> instead of only MMRs - until more research had been done.
>
> The paper - and the confused interpretation of its findings - caused
> uproar and led to many parents withdrawing their co-operation for the
> triple jab. Ten of the paper's authors also signed retractions on the
> interpretation but stood by the science.
>
> This is the second independent study to back up Dr Wakefield. In 2001 John
> O'Leary, Professor of Pathology at St James's Hospital and Trinity
> College, Dublin, replicated his findings.
>
> Last night Dr Wakefield said: 'This new study confirms what we found in
> British children and again with Professor O'Leary. The only exposure these
> children have had to measles is through the MMR vaccine.
>
> 'They were developing normally until they regressed. They now suffer
> autism and bowel disease.
>
> 'The Department of Health and some of the media wanted to dismiss our
> research as insignificant. The excuse was that no one else had the same
> findings as us. What they didn't say is that no one else had looked.'
>
> A spokesman for the Department of Health said they had not read the
> American report, but added: 'MMR remains the best form of protection
> against measles, mumps and rubella.'
>
>


From: Peter Parry on
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:50:08 +0100, "john" <nospam(a)bt.com> wrote:

>Scientists fear MMR link to autism
>
>By SALLY BECK, Mail on Sunday
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-link-autism.html

Even by the usual decrepit standards of whale woo this takes some
beating.

>18 April 2010

No it isn't - it is actually dated 27 May 2006. Are you so short of
material you have to resort to altering the dates by a few years?

>New

No, not new, OLD.

>The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew
>Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.

But it didn't did it? Why don't you report on the more recent reports
from that team?

>'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published
>in 1998 is correct.

No it doesn't - they didn't actually find measles did they? (Just
like Wakefield didn't).

>Last night Dr Wakefield said:

_Last night_?

>A spokesman for the Department of Health said

FOUR years ago?

This is pathetic.

From: dr_jeff on


john wrote:

<copyrighted material deleted>

Where was this research published?
From: dr_jeff on
john wrote:
> this is from 2006, but still valid

If it is still valid, why didn't Dr. Walker publish his findings in a
real journal?

> "john" <nospam(a)bt.com> wrote in message
> news:X9SdnTjZY-4UNlfWnZ2dnUVZ7rudnZ2d(a)bt.com...

<copyrighted material deleted>
From: trigonometry1972 on
On Apr 18, 3:43 am, Peter Parry <pe...(a)wpp.ltd.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:50:08 +0100, "john" <nos...(a)bt.com> wrote:
> >Scientists fear MMR link to autism
>
> >By SALLY BECK, Mail on Sunday
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-388051/Scientists-fear-MMR-li...
>
> Even by the usual decrepit standards of whale woo this takes some
> beating.
>
> >18 April 2010
>
> No it isn't - it is actually dated 27 May 2006.  Are you so short of
> material you have to resort to altering the dates by a few years?
>
> >New
>
> No, not new, OLD.
>
> >The study appears to confirm the findings of British doctor Andrew
> >Wakefield, who caused a storm in 1998 by suggesting a possible link.
>
> But it didn't did it?  Why don't you report on the more recent reports
> from that team?
>
> >'What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published
> >in 1998 is correct.
>
> No it doesn't - they didn't actually find measles did they?  (Just
> like Wakefield didn't).
>
> >Last night Dr Wakefield said:
>
> _Last night_?  
>
> >A spokesman for the Department of Health said
>
> FOUR years ago?
>
> This is pathetic.

This is latest news by John Whale's standard. If you review
his posting history, he has used 19th century and
early/mid 20th century stuff. Though back then the risks
were likely pretty real for the few vaccines and immunogloblin
shots of those earlier eras.

mad cow prion............................Trig