From: The One True Zhen Jue on
On Feb 24, 9:20 am, bigvince <vince.mirag...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 9:59 pm, Citizen Jimserac <jimse...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Feb 23, 9:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > > Jan Drew wrote:
> > > >http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm
>
> > > > Clinical Studies:
>
> > > > Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
> > > > experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
> > > > remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
> > > > illnesses:
>
> > > The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
> > > proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
> > > doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
> > > mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.
>
> > > Jeff
>
> > no KNOWN mechanism - correct
>
> > or evidence that they do work - incorrect.
>
> > Cit J.
>
>  Heck several studies have shown effectiveness including a recent one
> looking at cancer.

That one only indicates that, in vitro, alcohol kills cancer cells.
Guess what? So does bleach, ammonia, HCL, and draino.


> The evidence is far more compelling than for say
> SSRIs which simply have never been proven to work better  than placebo
> in people with anything but severe depression.  I would argue
> Homeopathic remedies are a much better treatment for depression than
> SSRI's.-

SSRI's, by your own admission, do work on severe depression. In other
words, you say that that do work and on a serious form of depression.
On the other hand, you don't have any basis for your assumption
regarding homeopathy treating depression. Well, you have the study
that shows alcohol, in vitro, killing cancer cells. How does that
lead you to believe that homeopathy treats depression?



Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: Jan Drew on
On Feb 24, 6:28�pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> bigvince wrote:
> > On Feb 23, 9:59 pm, Citizen Jimserac <jimse...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Feb 23, 9:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
> >>> Jan Drew wrote:
> >>>>http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm
> >>>> Clinical Studies:
> >>>> Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
> >>>> experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
> >>>> remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
> >>>> illnesses:
> >>> The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
> >>> proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
> >>> doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
> >>> mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.
> >>> Jeff
> >> no KNOWN mechanism - correct
>
> >> or evidence that they do work - incorrect.
>
> >> Cit J.
>
> > �Heck several studies have shown effectiveness including a recent one
> > looking at cancer. The evidence is far more compelling than for say
> > SSRIs which simply have never been proven to work better �than placebo
> > in people with anything but severe depression. �I would argue
> > Homeopathic remedies are a much better treatment for depression than
> > SSRI's.
>
> You can argue all you want. You say several studies. I ask, what *good
> scientific* studies?

ZZzz *Substantial* *real* *solid* *convincing* *hard* *clear-cut*
*reasonable* *significant* *credibile* *compelling* *copious* *direct*
*unreliable* *good*

From: Happy Oyster on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:27:55 -0500, dr_jeff <utz(a)msu.edu> wrote:

>Happy Oyster wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:59:52 -0800 (PST), Citizen Jimserac <jimserac(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Feb 23, 9:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>>>> Jan Drew wrote:
>>>>> http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm
>>>>> Clinical Studies:
>>>>> Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
>>>>> experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
>>>>> remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
>>>>> illnesses:
>>>> The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
>>>> proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
>>>> doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
>>>> mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.
>>>>
>>>> Jeff
>>> no KNOWN mechanism - correct
>>>
>>> or evidence that they do work - incorrect.
>>
>> That is bloody nonsense.
>
>What good scientific evidence is there that they work.
>
>Jeff

There is non. Au contraire! We roasted the University of Leipzig for their
messed-up study...

http://www.xy44.de/belladonna

..
--
Die volle H�rte: http://www.kindersprechstunde.at
***************************************************************
Die Medienmafia � Die Regividerm-Verschw�rung
http://www.transgallaxys.com/~kanzlerzwo/showtopic.php?threadid=5710
From: Mark Probert on
On Feb 24, 8:05 pm, Jan Drew <jdrew63...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 6:28 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > bigvince wrote:
> > > On Feb 23, 9:59 pm, Citizen Jimserac <jimse...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> On Feb 23, 9:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > >>> Jan Drew wrote:
> > >>>>http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm
> > >>>> Clinical Studies:
> > >>>> Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
> > >>>> experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
> > >>>> remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
> > >>>> illnesses:
> > >>> The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
> > >>> proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
> > >>> doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
> > >>> mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.
> > >>> Jeff
> > >> no KNOWN mechanism - correct
>
> > >> or evidence that they do work - incorrect.
>
> > >> Cit J.
>
> > > Heck several studies have shown effectiveness including a recent one
> > > looking at cancer. The evidence is far more compelling than for say
> > > SSRIs which simply have never been proven to work better than placebo
> > > in people with anything but severe depression. I would argue
> > > Homeopathic remedies are a much better treatment for depression than
> > > SSRI's.
>
> > You can argue all you want. You say several studies. I ask, what *good
> > scientific* studies?
>
> ZZzz *Substantial* *real* *solid* *convincing* *hard* *clear-cut*
> *reasonable* *significant* *credibile* *compelling* *copious* *direct*
> *unreliable* *good*-

Insane need to argue.

You prefer studies that are insubstantial, un-real, wimpy,
unconvincing, soft, obfuscated, unreasonable, insignificant,
incredible, uncompelling, non-existent, indirect, un-unreliable, and
bad.

Call me a liar on that one.

From: Jan Drew on
On Feb 25, 9:58�am, Mark Probert <mark.prob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 8:05�pm, Jan Drew <jdrew63...(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Feb 24, 6:28 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > > bigvince wrote:
> > > > On Feb 23, 9:59 pm, Citizen Jimserac <jimse...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> On Feb 23, 9:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > > >>> Jan Drew wrote:
> > > >>>>http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm
> > > >>>> Clinical Studies:
> > > >>>> Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
> > > >>>> experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
> > > >>>> remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
> > > >>>> illnesses:
> > > >>> The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
> > > >>> proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
> > > >>> doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
> > > >>> mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.
> > > >>> Jeff
> > > >> no KNOWN mechanism - correct
>
> > > >> or evidence that they do work - incorrect.
>
> > > >> Cit J.
>
> > > > Heck several studies have shown effectiveness including a recent one
> > > > looking at cancer. The evidence is far more compelling than for say
> > > > SSRIs which simply have never been proven to work better than placebo
> > > > in people with anything but severe depression. I would argue
> > > > Homeopathic remedies are a much better treatment for depression than
> > > > SSRI's.
>
> > > You can argue all you want. You say several studies. I ask, what *good
> > > scientific* studies?
>
> > ZZzz *Substantial* *real* *solid* *convincing* *hard* *clear-cut*
> > *reasonable* *significant* *credibile* *compelling* *copious* *direct*
> > *unreliable* *good*-
>
> Insane need to argue.

> >http://www.holisticonline.com/homeopathy/homeo_clinical.htm


> > > Clinical Studies:


> > > Homeopaths point to the nearly two hundred years of clinical
> > > experience of convinced doctors and satisfied patients. Homeopathic
> > > remedies are believed to be effective in treating a wide variety of
> > > illnesses:


> > The problem: the remedies are believed to be effective by some, not
> > proven to be effective by scientific methods. And, science casts big
> > doubts on the homeopathy beginning with the fact that there is no known
> > mechanism by which they can work or evidence that they do work.


> > Jeff


> Blatant lie from a liar.