From: dr_jeff on
Jan Drew wrote:
> Why are you still posting as a dr?
>
> You have not provide a shred of prrof that you are a doctor.
>
> If fact you posted your license is not current.
> That makes you are liar.

Ad hominem attacks are the best you can do.

Have a lovely evening.

Jeff

> On May 1, 7:10 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>> john wrote:
>>> Dr. Rashid Buttar (who was interviewed for 'Vaccine Wars' but never seen on
>>> program) speaks out:
>>> http://www.drbuttar.com/blog/?p=1110#more-1110
>>> Doctor Accuses PBS Frontline of Selling Out on Vaccine Concern
>>> (I-Newswire) April 29, 2010 - What price journalistic integrity? That may
>>> well be the question that PBS needs to answer after this week's airing of
>>> its top rated show Frontline. Entitled "Vaccine Wars", the episode offered a
>>> decidedly one-sided viewpoint on the issue of vaccine safety.
>> I disagree. The show was well-rounded, and examined the risks of
>> vaccines. The reason why it came to the conclusion that vaccines are
>> safe and the risks of vaccines are small is because vaccines are safe
>> and the risk of vaccines are small.
>>
>>> Dr. Rashid
>>> Buttar, a renowned physician who has received worldwide attention for his
>>> innovative and groundbreaking work in ridding the human body of toxicities
>>> that cause illness and disease, gave the program's producers access to his
>>> clinic, his patients, and himself.
>> Really? Groundbreaking? I guess that's true in the sense that he
>> therapies do get people in the ground sooner, either by delaying real
>> medical care or by killing people outright. He says, "We offer 39
>> different IV Therapies oriented towards the principles of detoxification
>> and immune modulation including heavy metal chelation, oxidative
>> therapies, nutritional IV's, and many other treatments that detoxify and
>> enhance the immune system." None of these therapies have any proven
>> benefit for patients in proper studies, risk the patient's lives and
>> effectively steal money out of patients' pockets. You can read about how
>> hurtful these therapies are at quackwatch.org.
>>
>>> As Buttar recollects, "Frontline's film crew spent over seven hours in my
>>> offices, extensively interviewed three of my patients, and then spent almost
>>> three hours interviewing me one-on-one." Not one single second of this was
>>> shown on-air. Instead, Frontline recycled dated video footage previously
>>> released on the internet. Frontline violated Buttar's trust and wasted his
>>> valuable time; producing a slanted report designed to intimidate and scare
>>> the public.
>> Just because he was interviewed doesn't mean that he had anything
>> worthwhile to say. Apparently, the producers came to that conclusion.
>>
>>> While disappointed at their lack of ethics, Dr. Buttar is not really
>>> surprised.
>> Proper ethics requires that only worthwhile stories make it to the air.
>> They followed their ethics properly.
>>
>>> He and his colleagues continue to crusade against a medical
>>> profession that hides behind antiquated theories and ineffective, costly
>>> treatments; and media outlets such as Frontline who further the agenda of
>>> the lucrative vaccine industry.
>> Costly therapies, like the millions of lives saved by vaccines?
>>
>>> Buttar also questions what role lobbying by the U.S. Department of Heath &
>>> Human Services played in Frontline`s decision to air such a skewed report.
>>> In a recent Readers' Digest interview, HHS Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius,
>>> admitted to meeting with media in an effort to undermine vaccine detractors
>>> saying, "We have reached out to media outlets to try to get them to not give
>>> the views of these people equal weight in their reporting to what science
>>> has shown and continues to show about the safety of vaccines."
>> Public health officials have a duty to inform the public about the
>> truth. That is what she was doing.
>>
>>> Concerns about vaccines are legitimate and growing. Once proclaimed as one
>>> of greatest achievements of modern medicine, vaccines, their frequency and
>>> the combinations, have become the subject of increasing unrest within the
>>> medical and scientific community since 1989.
>> Really? Vaccines have been the subject of unrest only because the
>> medical and scientific community is concerned about outbreaks of
>> diseases, like the outbreaks of measles that we see in unimmunized
>> communities.
>>
>>> Parents questioning the need
>>> and the prudence of their child receiving so many shots, and the
>>> administration of previously singularly administrated vaccines combined into
>>> "super shots" (such as the MMR Triple Shot) are often met with scorn,
>>> derision, and admonishment from doctors.
>> Really? Which doctor would rather have a patient get three pokes rather
>> than one? Very few.
>>
>>> The fact is that vaccines do contain dangerous toxic substances. One of the
>>> most dangerous of these is mercury, which is present as a preservative in
>>> most vaccines, including the flu shot. While many believe mercury was
>>> removed from vaccines in 2002, Thimerosal � or ethyl mercury � is still used
>>> in the manufacturing process of almost all vaccines, but that fact is no
>>> longer disclosed on the vaccine labels.
>> Yet only trace amounts remain. Patients are exposed to much organic
>> mercury, in a much more dangerous form, from eating fish. The thimerosal
>> in vaccines has never been shown to be harmful in the doses used. And,
>> the rates of autism and other diseases that people were saying were
>> caused by thimerasol did not go down after it was removed.
>>
>>> Dr. Buttar is not alone in his Frontline experience; fellow vaccine critics
>>> Dr. Jay Gordon and Dr. Robert Sears were also interviewed extensively but
>>> then edited out of the piece. "The show made a mockery of journalism," says
>>> Buttar, "because it showcased the opinions of a group of "experts", some of
>>> whom benefit financially from vaccine developments, while at the same time
>>> it minimized the real concerns in question as nothing more than
>>> unsubstantiated hysteria." Why didn't they show a single physician who
>>> agreed with the parents who were against vaccinations?
>> The show showed good judgment in using only reliable sources.
>>
>>> Frontline purposely pitted pro-vaccine doctors, painted as tireless
>>> advocates for children, against anti-vaccine parents who were portrayed as
>>> selfish, irrational and paranoid individuals lacking medical knowledge and
>>> common sense.
>> That's correct. And the show got it right.
>>
>>> The end result was a biased piece of tabloid journalism that
>>> only serves to further confuse, frighten and divide those who question
>>> vaccines from those who blindly follow medical rhetoric; creating needless
>>> controversy rather than an intelligent forum for discussion.
>> Well, we'll have to disagree on that.
>>
>>> Dr. Buttar remains steadfast in the challenge he made during his unaired
>>> interview with Frontline. "Tell the NIH, CDC, FDA or any vaccine
>>> manufacturer that I publicly challenge them to select any 20 cases of
>>> autism, send them all to an independent university and have that university's
>>> independent pediatric neurologists evaluate all 20 children. Let those
>>> neurologists identify the 10 most severe cases and I will take them on as
>>> patients and treat them using my methods. Let the other 10 cases be treated
>>> with whatever conventional "standard of care" treatment they see fit. But it
>>> all must be filmed and followed so that the world can determine the truth
>>> for itself," says Buttar. "After having treated over a thousand patients in
>>> my own clinic, and having tens of thousands of children treated using our
>>> methodologies all over the world, I already know what the results will be.
>>> The problem is - so do they!"
>> If this guy's treatments are so good, why doesn't he do proper
>> scientific studies to prove it?
>>
>> Because they don't work!
>>
>> The guy is a crook who is ranting and raving because he feels endangered
>> by the truth.
>>
>> Jeff
>
> Videos
>
>
> More Videos Coming Soon
>
> Documents:
>
> Medical Board Documents (pdf)
> Patient A - Brenda W. - Documents (pdf)
> Patient A - Brenda W. - Response to Charges with References (pdf)
> Patient B - Lourdes K. - Documents (pdf)
> Patient B - Lourdes K. - Response to Charges with References (pdf)
> Patient C - Jeff K. - Documents (pdf)
> Patient C - Jeff K. - Response to Charges with References (pdf)
> Patient D - Darlene A. - Documents (pdf)
> Patient D - Darlene A. - Response to Charges with References (pdf)
> Demographic Data (pdf)
> Dr. Buttar Truth Quotes
> �Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and
> Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.�
> �- Albert Einstein
>
> �Truth is generally the best vindication against slander.�
> �- Abraham Lincoln
>
> "All truth passes through 3 phases: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it
> is violently opposed, and Third, it is accepted as self-evident."
> �- Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> "There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
> conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the
> introduction of a new order of things because the innovator has for
> enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions and
> lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new."
> �- Machiavelli, The Prince
>
>
> http://www.drbuttartruth.com/documents/Patient%20B%20-%20Lourdes%20K.%20-%20sterilized%20for%20web.pdf
>
> http://www.drbuttar.com/blog/?p=1105
>
> http://www.drbuttar.com/blog/?p=1110
>
> http://www.drbuttar.com/blog/?p=1092
>
> The North Carolina Medical Board has dropped All Original Charges
> against Dr. Rashid A. Buttar. Dr. Rashid A. Buttar is the Medical
> Director for the Center for Advanced Medicine and Clinical Research in
> Huntersville, NC.
>
>
>
From: Jan Drew on
On May 1, 11:17�pm, Mark Probert <mark.prob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 2:56�pm, Kevysmom <kevysmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > And wouldn't supporting vaccines and the drug industry, as in this case,
> > > be supporting a conservative bias, not a liberal one?
>
> > > Jeff
>
> > WHY didnt PBS show films of vaccine injured babies in the PICU
> > fighting for life? They didnt show one vaccine injured baby, WHY?
>
> Good question....hmmm./.I KNOW!
>
> Vaccine injured babies do not exist.
>
>
>
>
>
> > Are they scared parents would rather their child have the damn measles
> > than take a risk of having a dead or severely disabled child from
> > injecting toxins into their baby?
>
> > Interesting
>
> >http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/
>
> > PBS show Religion and Ethics is funded by Eli Lilly makers of
> > thimerosal
>
> > Funding
> > Funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by Lilly
> > Endowment Inc. with additional support from the Corporation for Public
> > Broadcasting and Mutual of America Life Insurance Company.
> > �The Indianapolis-based Lilly Endowment Inc. was founded in 1937 by
> > three members of the Lilly family through gifts of stock in their
> > pharmaceutical business, Eli Lilly and Company. The Endowment is a
> > separate entity from the company, with a distinct governing board,
> > staff and location, and is devoted to the causes of religion,
> > education and community development.
>
> Do you know the meaning of distinct?
>
> I am on the board of an endowment, and we are totally independent of
> everything.


Now, there is a claim for you to prove. You have forgotten what you
posted:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.attn-deficit/msg/b47238df12888f43

****Anecdotes are not facts. They are, at best interesting stories.
At
worst, outright lies.**** Mark Probert
>
>
>
>
> >http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/about/funding/205/
>
> > *****Major funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by
> > Lilly Endowment Inc. with additional support from Mutual of America
> > Life Insurance Company, The Henry Luce Foundation, the Corporation for
> > Public Broadcasting and individual supporters.**********- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: Jan Drew on
On May 2, 8:23�am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> Kevysmom wrote:
> >> You now know the reason that most people in America (including myself) do
> >> NOT waste our time watching PBS shows. PBS has to rely mainly on the gov't
> >> for funding. They do collect donations but as far as I know--most of their
> >> funding comes from the government. If it was not for gov't funding, PBS
> >> would have gone out of business many years ago. Most all of their
> >> producers and directors are very liberal
>
> > Major funding for PBS is from tax payers donating moent to the
> > government by force, Then the government forces parents to vaccinate
> > their babies,
>
> No one forces anyone to be vaccinated.

A blatant lie.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=3880578&page=1

http://www.halexandria.org/dward054.htm
>
> > The babies become severely injured or die,
>
> Actually, that very rarely happens. What also very rarely happens is
> that people get serious problems or die from vaccine-preventable
> diseases like measles, mumps, rubella, chicken-pox, tetanus, Hib
> menigitis and pneumonia. That amounts to thousands of lives saved a year.
>
> > The parents
> > cant sue the pharmectutical company, it has to sue the government
>
> Good! Unfortunately, juries tend to find for the families, regardless of
> the facts, because drug companies are perceived to have deep pockets and
> feel sorry for the kids.
>
> > Oh, and Eli Lilly is the maker of thimerosal(Mercury that was/is being
> > injected into newborn babies and pregnant women)
>
> Was. Thimerosal is no long in childhood vaccines. In the very small
> doses that were used, thimerosal has never been shown to be harmful. In
> fact, kids get more mercury, in a more harmful form (methylmercury) from
> eating fish. In addition, after thimerosal was removed from vaccines, no
> reduction in diseases that were conjectured to be caused by vaccines was
> seen.
>
> Jeff

Another blatant lie.

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
>
>
> > Interesting
>
> >http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/
>
> > PBS show Religion and Ethics is funded by Eli Lilly makers of
> > thimerosal
>
> > Funding
> > Funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by Lilly
> > Endowment Inc. with additional support from the Corporation for Public
> > Broadcasting and Mutual of America Life Insurance Company.
> > �The Indianapolis-based Lilly Endowment Inc. was founded in 1937 by
> > three members of the Lilly family through gifts of stock in their
> > pharmaceutical business, Eli Lilly and Company. The Endowment is a
> > separate entity from the company, with a distinct governing board,
> > staff and location, and is devoted to the causes of religion,
> > education and community development.
>
> >http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/about/funding/205/
>
> > *****Major funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by
> > Lilly Endowment Inc. with additional support from Mutual of America
> > Life Insurance Company, The Henry Luce Foundation, the Corporation for
> > Public Broadcasting and individual supporters.**********- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: Jan Drew on
On May 2, 2:15 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> Donna wrote:
> > On May 2, 8:23 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> >> Kevysmom wrote:
> >>>> You now know the reason that most people in America (including myself) do
> >>>> NOT waste our time watching PBS shows. PBS has to rely mainly on the gov't
> >>>> for funding. They do collect donations but as far as I know--most of their
> >>>> funding comes from the government. If it was not for gov't funding, PBS
> >>>> would have gone out of business many years ago. Most all of their
> >>>> producers and directors are very liberal
> >>> Major funding for PBS is from tax payers donating moent to the
> >>> government by force, Then the government forces parents to vaccinate
> >>> their babies,
> >> No one forces anyone to be vaccinated.
>
> > REALLY?? Maybe you live under a giant rock??
>
> > Parents Face Fines, Jail Time for Failure to Immunize
> > School District Orders Parents to Appear in Court for Failure to
> > Immunize
>
> >http://abcnews.go.com/Health/US/story?id=3866502&page=1
>
> The parents have the right to have their kids homeschooled. And if
> immunization conflicts with a parent's or kid's religious beliefs, the
> kid is exempt from immunization in the state of Maryland.
>
>
>
> >>> The babies become severely injured or die,
> >> Actually, that very rarely happens. What also very rarely happens is
> >> that people get serious problems or die from vaccine-preventable
> >> diseases like measles, mumps, rubella, chicken-pox, tetanus, Hib
> >> menigitis and pneumonia. That amounts to thousands of lives saved a year.
>
> > YOU dont know if those children died from chicken-pox or from an
> > adverse reaction to some drug the child was prescribed,
>
> If the child has bacteria growing in his blood and dies with signs and
> symptoms of an infection, you can be almost 100% certain.
>
> > MY severely
> > disabled son, did get dehydrated when he had the chicken-pox, he has
> > severe swallowing problems, and when hes sick its just a total night
> > mare to get him to drink at all... so he spent time in the
> > hospital....... NO MEDICATION just fluid IV.
>
> What about kids who don't get to the hospital on time? Kids get severely
> dehydrated very fast, especially when they are sick.
>
> > He was happy and joyful
> > within a day!
>
> What about the kids who die from chicken-pox? They will never be happy
> and joyful.
>
> > So, about these babies that have a severe reaction to
> > vaccines, The seizures these children suffer from are HORRIFIC many
> > are placed in medicine induced comas just to prevent the seizures from
> > causing more brain damage or death.
>
> How many are "many?" Numbers and evidence, please.
>
> > I KNOW this, BUT why didnt PBS
> > show the world what happens to a vaccine injured baby? Dont you think
> > parents should have the RIGHT to know what could happen to their baby
> > for allowing Dr Joe-Blow to vaccinate their little one?
>
> Ask PBS. However, the risks of the diseases are far more than the risks
> of the vaccines.
>
> > WHY keep hiding the TRUTH from parents?
>
> You mean like when the antivaccine liars tell how dangerous vaccines are
> and fail to tell about the lives saved?

It is noted that not Doc Jeffrey, Peter, Joseph Utz did not answer the
question.
Like a good *Gang* member he ask a question. Furthermore, if he were
a doctor he would learn to ontrol his weight.
>
> >>> The parents
> >>> cant sue the pharmectutical company, it has to sue the government
> >> Good! Unfortunately, juries tend to find for the families, regardless of
> >> the facts, because drug companies are perceived to have deep pockets and
> >> feel sorry for the kids.
>
> > Thats not true.
>
> Bull. Juries find for kids even when there is no evidence that the
> vaccines did cause anything.
>
> > The parents that have wone, WHAT the hell did they
> > win? Dont forget Jeff, I belong to a support group that has MANY
> > parents who have "won" their lawsuit for vaccine injured babies.
>
> Good, ask those parents what they won.
>
> > NO,
> > they cant talk about the "winning the case" BUT they can talk about
> > their child, and right now a friends child that "won" her case years
> > ago is in the hospital, fighting for her life from the seizures, she
> > has a feeding tube, cant walk, cant communicate, and has her fragile
> > body ravished by horrible seizures that are strong enough to shut down
> > your organs. Thats what a vaccine INJURED child deals with for LIFE!
> > Chicken-pox is a blessing, and so is measles and polio compared to a
> > severe vaccine injury, and thats the TRUTH!
>
> Unless the child dies from the infection.
>
> >>> Oh, and Eli Lilly is the maker of thimerosal(Mercury that was/is being
> >>> injected into newborn babies and pregnant women)
> >> Was. Thimerosal is no long in childhood vaccines. In the very small
> >> doses that were used, thimerosal has never been shown to be harmful.
>
> > THATS not true, Thimerosal has never been shown to cause Autism, But
> > its NEVER
> > been shown that it doesnt cause harm. JUST the oppoiste.
>
> When was it shown to cause harm in the doses used?
>
> Real evidence please.

Sure thing,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/12/eli-lillys-zyprexa-fraud_n_214907.html

http://whistleblower.labovick.com/2009/01/articles/whistleblower-legal-news/eli-lilly-agrees-to-pay-14-billion-in-qui-tam-fraud-involving-zyprexa/

http://injury-law.freeadvice.com/drug-toxic_chemicals/eli-lilly-fined-615-million-for-zyprexa-fraud.htm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/48251.php

http://www.mindfreedom.org/as/act/us/psychrights/nytimes-gottstein-vs-eli-lilly/

http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/cia/agreements/eli_lilly_and_company_01142009.pdf

Results 1 - 10 of about 189,000 for Fraud of Eli Lilly. (0.24
seconds)

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/facts­heets/thimerosalqa.htm

Infectious Diseases (NIAID); The American Academy of Pediatrics; and
vaccine
manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated
in
vaccines as a precautionary measure and to reduce exposure to mercury
from
all sources. This decision was based on the various Federal guidelines
for
methyl mercury exposure and the assumption that the health risks from
methyl
and ethyl mercury were the same. More research is needed to determine
if the
guidelines for methyl mercury are also appropriate guidelines for
thimerosal. NIAID thimerosal research focuses on better understanding
what
happens to thimerosal once it is introduced in the body and how this
compares to current knowledge of methyl mercury pathways.

http://www.anomalous-images.com/news/news473.html

Thursday July 8 5:49 PM ET
Mercury to be removed from vaccines
NEW YORK, Jul 08 (Reuters Health) -- The US Public Health Service
(PHS) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) have asked vaccine
manufacturers to phase out a mercury-containing preservative that has
been used in some vaccines since the 1940s.
The preservative, thimerosal, has not been shown to harm children, but
some infants under age 6 months may be exposed to mercury levels in
excess of federal guidelines with the current recommended immunization
schedule. However, ``children who have received thimerosal-containing
vaccines do not need to be tested for mercury exposure,'' according to
a joint AAP/PHS statement.
Health officials advise parents to continue their children's
immunization programs, because the risk of not immunizing children far
outweighs the small risk posed by thimerosal.
``Terrible childhood diseases like whooping cough, bacterial
meningitis, polio and diphtheria are waiting for us to let our guard
down,'' according to a statement issued by Dr. David Satcher, the US.
Surgeon General. ``The risk of devastating childhood diseases from
failure to vaccinate far outweighs the minimal, if any, risk of
exposure to cumulative levels of mercury in vaccines.''
The joint AAP/PHS statement on thimerosal in vaccines appears in the
July 9th Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), the weekly
publication of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in
Atlanta, Georgia. Stories from the MMWR are available at the CDC
website, www.cdc.gov.
The report's authors note that European regulatory community reached
similar conclusions earlier this year.
In a statement, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of
America (PhRMA) note that while there is currently ``no clinical
evidence that the use of thimerosal has caused adverse health
consequences, there is general consensus that it would be preferable
to eliminate thimerosal from vaccines whenever possible. The vaccine
industry is working closely with FDA and other government agencies to
meet this objective.''

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/2003/June/10/ENewsSafeMindsR...

E-NEWS FROM THE NATIONAL VACCINE INFORMATION CENTER

Vienna, Virginia http://www.909shot.com



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

UNITED WAY/COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN

#9119

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



“Protecting the health and informed consent rights of children since
1982.”



=============================================================

The American Academy of Pediatrics has issued a critique of the
Geiers'

paper on thimerosal. It can be accessed at

http://www.cispimmunize.org/pro/pdf/Geiersummary.pdf .

-------------------------------------------



Safe Minds Commentary on AAP Critique of Geier & Geier Thimerosal
Paper





The American Academy of Pediatrics negative response to the Geier &

Geier article linking thimerosal in DTPs to autism and speech
disorders

(http://www.cispimmunize.org/pro/pdf/Geiersummary.pdf) is not
surprising

given the AAP's central role in promoting childhood immunizations.
In

an effort to clear thimerosal in vaccines of any role in

neurodevelopmental disorders when studies establishing thimerosal's

safety do not exist, the AAP relies on a number of distortions and

inaccuracies. Many points made in the response would need to be
answered

by Drs. Geier & Geier, but several should be addressed immediately.



(a) The AAP paper asserts that the VAERS data base is only valid for

hypothesis generation. If so, then at the very least the Geiers'
paper

should be viewed by the AAP as advancing a strong hypothesis. If they

were truly unbiased, the AAP should be asking for follow up
controlled

trials to be initiated immediately to see if the hypothesis is true

rather than dismissing it out of hand. Moreover, it is the AAP's own

members who do such a poor job of reporting adverse events to VAERS.
If

the AAP were sincerely interested in vaccine safety investigations,
they

could improve the quality of VAERS dramatically by requiring their

members to report.



(b) The AAP paper says “(Note: neither the original preliminary VSD

study of thimerosal and neurodevelopmental disorders nor any of the

follow-up expanded studies identified a “signal” indicating any

association between thimerosal and autism.)” This is simply not true.

The first VSD analysis gave a relative risk for autism of 2.48. The
VSD

thimerosal study protocol, written by the authors before results were

in, clearly states that a RR higher than 2.0, even if not
statistically

significant, constitutes a signal which should be investigated in a

phase II study that would confirm or not confirm the association.
This

phase II study has never been initiated by CDC. In fact, there are no

“expanded” VSD studies - the CDC merely divided up the data sets from

the HMOs studied, which resulted in insufficient numbers of cases to

reach statistical significance for any given HMO.



(c) The AAP says: “Research to date involving refined, controlled

studies in large populations of patients has failed to demonstrate
any

association between vaccines that may have used thimerosal as a

preservative and neurodevelopmental disorders including autism.”
Again,

this statement is false. There are no large controlled studies which

have investigated thimerosal and developmental disorders. (The VSD

analysis was a retrospective cohort study.)



(d) The AAP critique explains that any study on this topic “must be

published in respected and widely read journals because of the great

general interest today in vaccine safety.” Yet they go on to cite the

recently published review by Nelson and Bauman in their own
newsletter

which they assert “casts doubt on the biologic plausibility of
symptom

similarities between mercury poisoning and autism.” The Nelson and

Bauman commentary was an invited article and was not subjected to
peer

review.



(e) In what appears to be a Freudian slip, the AAP says “the Centers
for

Disease Control and Prevention, American Academy of Pediatrics,
National

Institutes of Health, and US Public Health Service have continued to

investigate this issue to put theoretic concerns about this

mercury-containing compound to rest.” It is hoped that these agencies

would be investigating this issue to find out the truth, not to lay
the

issue to rest. The fact that these agencies have every reason to
conduct

research with a hidden agenda is the reason why investigations of

thimerosal and vaccine safety need to be conducted by unbiased

researchers with no conflicts of interest.



(f) The AAP does admit that “Comparing the occurrence of late onset,

chronic conditions like autism by using acute vaccine reactions like

fever, pain, and vomiting...as controls makes no sense as a measure
of

relative adverse event rates.” Given that late onset, chronic
conditions

are very different from immediate, acute ones, perhaps the AAP could

voice support for requiring vaccine safety trials by manufacturers to

extend beyond the current practice of 60 days and to include
monitoring

of chronic conditions. Then parents might have more confidence in the

never-ending assurances by the public health authorities that
vaccines

are indeed safe.



Sallie Bernard

Safe Minds



http://www.autismwebsite.com/ari/vaccine/thimerosalreferences.htm



The Vaccine-Autism Connection – Part I (Thimerosal)
Read and download an Adobe Acrobat (pdf) file

BERNARD RIMLAND, Ph.D., Director

April, 2004

Partial list of studies linking thimerosal to Autism

The Centers for Disease Control and the American Academy of Pediatrics
have issued a statement asserting that “the available scientific
evidence has not shown thimerosal-containing vaccines to be
harmful.” Their statement is false. Following are some of the
scientific studies that demonstrate thimerosal, a mercury-containing
substance that is used as a preservative, to be harmful and to be a
highly probably causal factor in autism. Note that these studies are
consistently ignored in the medical establishment’s publications
claiming that there is no evidence for vaccine-caused autism.

Bernard S, Enayati A, Redwood L, Roger H, Binstock T. Autism: a
novel form of mercury poisoning. Med. Hypotheses. 2001 Apr;56(4):
462-71. PMID: 11339848

Geier DA, Geier MR. An assessment of the impact of thimerosal on
childhood neurodevelopmental disorders. Pediatr Rehabil. 2003 Apr-Jun;
6(2):97-102. PMID: 14534046

Geier MR, Geier DA. Neurodevelopmental disorders after thimerosal-
containing vaccines: a brief communication. Exp Biol Med (Maywood).
2003 Jun;228(6):660-4. PMID: 12773696

Geier & Geier. Parents' worries about thimerosal in vaccines are well
founded! http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/eletters/112/6/1394

David Baskin, M.D. et al. Thimerosal induces DNA breaks, caspase-3
activation, membrane damage, and cell death in cultured human neurons
and fibroblasts. Toxicol Sci. 2003 Aug;74(2):361-8. Epub 2003 May
28. PMID: 12773768

Mady Hornig, M.D Etiologic factors and pathogenesis of autism:
evidence from clinical studies and animal models. IOM presentation,
Feb 9 2004 Audio only: http://www.iom.edu/view.asp?id=19108

Richard C. Deth, Ph.D. Effects of Mercury on Methionine Synthase:
Implications for Disordered Methylation in Autism DAN! 2003
Philadelphia - paper

Richard C. Deth, Ph.D. A Link Between Thimerosal and the Brain: Can
Vaccines Affect Central Nervous System Function? Molecular
Psychiatry 2004, Volume 9.

Vojdani A, Pangborn JB et al. Infections, toxic chemicals and
dietary peptides binding to lymphocyte receptors and tissue enzymes
are major instigators of autoimmunity in autism. Int J Immunopathol
Pharmacol. 2003 Sep-Dec;16(3):189-99. PMID: 14611720

Jeff Bradstreet, M.D. A Case-control Study of Mercury Burden in
Children with Autistic Disorders and Measles Virus Genomic RNA in
Cerebrospinal Fluid in Children with Regressive Autism. IOM
presentation, Feb 9, 2004
Slides: http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3793/4705/17047/18065.aspx

Valsamakis A et al. style='mso-bidi-font-style:italic'>Altered
virulence of vaccine strains of measles virus after prolonged
style='mso-bidi-font-style: italic'>replication in human tissue. J
Virol. 1999 73(10): 8791-7. PMID 10482633 http://jvi.asm.org/cgi/reprint/73/10/8791.pdf

The CDC's original findings before the CDC began to manipulate the
data, obtained via the Freedom of Information Act: High risk values
for thimerosal injections and a range of neurologic problems,
including ADHD, tics, language problems, and autism.
http://factsformedia.com/factsformedia/thimerosalstudy.pdf

Excerpts from CDC’s in-house conference: Thimerosal sequelae
http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/library/IOM%20Simpsonwood%20in%20bold.pdf

Congressman, Dr. Weldon's letter to the CDC director, available at:
http://momsonamissionforautism.org/Autism_Central/Dr_Weldon_Responds.shtml

Institute of Medicine presentation of Congressman Dave Weldon, M.D.
http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/pdf/Weldon.pdf

Geier MR, Geier DA. Autism and thimerosal-containing vaccines:
analysis of the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS). IOM
presentation, Feb 9, 2004.
Slides: http://www.iom.edu/view.asp?id=18392
Audio: http://www.iom.edu/view.asp?id=19120

David Baskin, M.D. Relation of Neurotoxic Effects of Thimerosal to
Autism. IOM presentation, Feb 9, 2004.
Audio only: http://www.iom.edu/view.asp?id=19124





http://poisonevercure.150m.com/autism.htm

Autistic children are shown to retain abnormally high concentrations
of
mercury from environmental sources such as vaccines.

********* (Until recently, the FDA administration concealed their
knowledge
that thimerosal has been known to cross through the blood-brain
barrier and
concentrate in the brain).***********

Along with ALL those who have LIED about it here.

In a recent communication with Congressman Dr. Weldon, CDC conceded
that
some of the routinely recommended vaccines contained the full amount
of
thimerosal (25 mcg) as late as 2003. Those are not to expire until
towards
the end of 2005. There is no existing reason to believe that
manufactures
have it in mind to completely remove thimerosal from childhood
vaccines in
the near future. Much to my alarm, documents recently obtained from
the
World Health Organization (WHO)state that their policy is to lobby
strongly
for maintaining thimerosal in vaccines as they see it necessary to
use
childhood vaccines in third world countries. The mentality is that
if
thimerosal is taken out of American childhood vaccines, the third
world
countries will not accept thimerosal-containing childhood vaccines.
This
seems to be a clear disturbing indication that, for whatever reason,
WHO
desires to inoculate third world country populations with thimerosal
containing vaccines. This is an agency that claims to have an
interest in
making sure that children in developing countries have the best
opportunities at life. How is that possible when they are being
deliberately poisoned with high concentrations of a neurotoxins?

There exists many decades worth of peer-reviewed literature
(literally
hundreds) on the dangers of thimerosal which include case-reports,
animal
studies, tissues culture studies, genetic studies, toxicology studies,
and
biochemical studies. According to the above article, CDC, HHS and AAP
warns
that 1/166 children have autistic spectrum disorders and even more
alarming,
1/6 children have developmental and or behavioral disorders.

The World Health Organization's (WHO) Expert Committee on Biological
Standardization acknowledges that thimerosal is essential during
vaccine
production to inactivate certain pathogenic organisms and toxins and
prevent
microbial growth during vaccine storage and use. (click here to view
document). Read the Eli Lilly's, manufacturer of thimerosal, safety
data
sheet on thimerosal. According to this document, thimerosal will
react with
strong oxidizing agents and one listed is peroxides. Another vaccine
component. Also listed are the effects, including signs and symptoms
of
exposure such as topical allergic dermatitis, topical
hypersensitivity
reactions. Early signs of mercury poisoning are noted as nervous
system
effects which include narrowing of the visual field and numbness in
the
extremities. "Exposure to mercury in utero and in children can cause
mild
to severe mental retardation and mild to severe motor coordination's
impairment". Primary routes of entry are listed as inhalation and
skin
contact. For shipping information, there's no question of the label:
POISONS accompanied by the skull and bones picture label.

Mercury over stimulates the brain's immune system. Over stimulation
of the
brain results in activation of the microglia widely dispersed in the
brain.
When the microglia are activated, they release toxins killing
surrounding
brains cells. Prolonged stimulation of the microglia by too many
vaccines
kills far too many brain cells.

Though, some may find the reasoning of this imitation form of
immunization
to make sense and logic, studying the peer review, lab work and
studies
conducting the safety of such the practice will encourage you to
think
twice. The dangers of inoculating children and adults with vile
microorganisms is potentially fatal. World Health Organization is
privy to
this information. Other material indicate they know that more
children
would die and or die quicker without the thimerosal. Sounds insane,
but a
fact worth keeping in mind and or researching on your own. So, in
order to
inactivate these microorganisms something even more toxic is needed to
do
just that. That's where the thimerosal comes in. These facts alone
should
raise a few eyebrows. Remember, in the records of mercury toxicology,
it
only takes 35 mcg to kill a rabbit. Now, think about how much is in
each
vaccine. There's 25mcg in Hib, Pneumococcal (except for Prevnar),
DTaP, all
Tetanus brands. Then there's 12.5 in the Hep b. How much thimerosal
is
needed should be your other indicator of the dangers of vaccines. The
next
indicator is how many doses children receive by school registration.

It's one Russian roulette game after another to keep the big bucks
packing
into the pockets of the big dogs.
>
> >  In
> >> fact, kids get more mercury, in a more harmful form (methylmercury) from
> >> eating fish. In addition, after thimerosal was removed from vaccines, no
> >> reduction in diseases that were conjectured to be caused by vaccines was
> >> seen.
>
> >> Jeff
>
> > Im NOT talking about autism!
>
> Who said you were? Regardless, people get more mercury from fish than
> they do from vaccines.
>
> JEff- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: Peter B. on
"Jan Drew" <jdrew63929(a)aol.com> wrote in message
news:169031d4-dc79-47e9-b7ab-f81d2c2dc965(a)d19g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...
On May 1, 11:17?pm, Mark Probert <mark.prob...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 2:56?pm, Kevysmom <kevysmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > And wouldn't supporting vaccines and the drug industry, as in this
> > > case,
> > > be supporting a conservative bias, not a liberal one?
>
> > > Jeff
>
> > WHY didnt PBS show films of vaccine injured babies in the PICU
> > fighting for life? They didnt show one vaccine injured baby, WHY?
>
> Good question....hmmm./.I KNOW!
>
> Vaccine injured babies do not exist.
>
>
>
>
>
> > Are they scared parents would rather their child have the damn measles
> > than take a risk of having a dead or severely disabled child from
> > injecting toxins into their baby?
>
> > Interesting
>
> >http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/
>
> > PBS show Religion and Ethics is funded by Eli Lilly makers of
> > thimerosal
>
> > Funding
> > Funding for RELIGION & ETHICS NEWSWEEKLY is provided by Lilly
> > Endowment Inc. with additional support from the Corporation for Public
> > Broadcasting and Mutual of America Life Insurance Company.
> > ?The Indianapolis-based Lilly Endowment Inc. was founded in 1937 by
> > three members of the Lilly family through gifts of stock in their
> > pharmaceutical business, Eli Lilly and Company. The Endowment is a
> > separate entity from the company, with a distinct governing board,
> > staff and location, and is devoted to the causes of religion,
> > education and community development.
>
> Do you know the meaning of distinct?
>
> I am on the board of an endowment, and we are totally independent of
> everything.


Now, there is a claim for you to prove. You have forgotten what you
posted:
==============================================
Ever the GS eh Jan?


First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Prev: A grade of D
Next: Jeff Utz is not a doctor