From: Donna on
On May 7, 7:22 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> Donna wrote:
> > On May 5, 10:48 am, Happy Oyster <happy.oys...(a)ariplex.com> wrote:
> >> On Wed, 5 May 2010 04:24:04 -0700 (PDT), Donna <kevysmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>> Jeff, that is NOT true, mercury is a NEUROTOXIN it doesnt matter who
> >>> is exposed to mercury, its TOXIC to all human beings, But some are
> >>> more sensitive to the toxicity of mercury than others.
> >> Not true. It depends on
>
> >> - chemical compound in which mercury is part of
> >> - percentage
> >> - intake dosis
> >> - way of intake
>
> > Thats NOT true, why do you continue to spread this false information?
>
> You are nuts? There are different mercury compounds. Each has different
> properties.



Yes, BUT....Mercury is highly toxic, it doesnt matter what compound it
is!
Yes, some mercury compounds are more toxic than others, I would say
dimethylmercury is the most toxic!




>
> What you're suggesting is that because water, acetic acid, and DNA are
> compounds that have hydrogen in them, they all behave the same way. They
> don't.




Are you TRYING to tell me thimerosal isnt toxic? Can you prove to me
that thimerosal doesnt cause brain damage to a
fetus or newborn infant?




>
> And when you say that way of intake doesn't matter, that's like saying
> that swimming in the ocean is the same thing as drinking a glass of water..
>
> Your argument is wrong and very stupid.



Thats not what I was saying, I SAID that it doesnt matter who is
exposed, ITS a neurtoxin, its poison. Of course babies are more
sensitive, they dont have a full BBB until six months of age.



>
> Jeff
>
>
>
> >>> There is absolutely not one single study proving mercury doesnt cause
> >>> Autism, There are NUMEROUS studies proving mercury causes seizures and
> >>> brain damage.
> >> That is NOT the same!
>
> >> .
> >> --
> >> ...................................................................http://twitter.com/aribertdeckershttp://twitter.com/kidmed_dehttp://twitter.com/kidmed_de   http://twitter.com/aribertdeckers
> >> ...................................................................- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: Donna on
On May 7, 7:19 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> Donna wrote:
> > On May 7, 6:42 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
> >> Jason wrote:
> >>> In article <rOednbM0bJckBn_WnZ2dnUVZ_jmdn...(a)giganews.com>, u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
> >>>> Jason wrote:
> >>>>> In article <N7WdneWE4KV6v3_WnZ2dnUVZ_tyqn...(a)giganews.com>,
> >>> u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
> >>>>>> Jason wrote:
> >>>>>>> In article <sImdnUMDLvooaHzWnZ2dnUVZ_roAA...(a)giganews.com>,
> >>>>> u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
> >>>>>>>> Jason wrote:
> >>>>>>>> <...>
> >>>>>>>>> Jeff,
> >>>>>>>>> Why are you an advocate for a known poison that is also a known
> >>>>>>>>> neurotoxin?
> >>>>>>>> No, I am not. I am an advocate for vaccination, which save lives.. While
> >>>>>>>> I am glad that thimerasol has been removed from most vaccines, there is
> >>>>>>>> no evidence that the chemical poses a risk at the very small doses used.
> >>>>>>>> And, there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, as some suggest.
> >>>>>>>>> You remind me of the people that are advocates for tobacco. Do
> >>>>>>>>> you work for a drug company that sells vaccines that contain mercury?
> >>>>>>>> No, I work for no drug company. What I say is my own opinion, not those
> >>>>>>>> of any company.
> >>>>>>>> Jeff
> >>>>>>> Jeff,
> >>>>>>> Thanks for answering my questions. I don't have problems with mercury free
> >>>>>>> vaccines that have been properly tested. The vaccine for swine flu was NOT
> >>>>>>> properly tested so I did NOT get that vaccine. I do have a problem with
> >>>>>>> any vaccine that contains mercury since mercury is poison and is a
> >>>>>>> neurotoxin. When even small amount of a neurotoxin is injected into a
> >>>>>>> child, it is like playing with fire. Children (esp. babies) do not have
> >>>>>>> fully developed immune system. It's for that reason, neurotoxins--even in
> >>>>>>> small doses--should not be given to children. At the very least, doctors
> >>>>>>> or nurses should test children to determine if they have an allergic
> >>>>>>> reaction to mercury.
> >>>>>> Allergic reactions to mercury are extremely rare.
> >>>>>>> If they do not have an allergic reaction to
> >>>>>>> mercury--give them the vaccine. An even better option would be to remove
> >>>>>>> thimerasol from all vaccines. Do you see my point?
> >>>>>> I see your point, but, because allergic reactions to mercury are so
> >>>>>> rare, and doctors are equipped to deal with them, they are a very small
> >>>>>> concern.
> >>>>>> Jeff
> >>>>> Lots of experts would disagree with you. I have read that they have
> >>>>> removed mercury from all vaccines in Europe. They must have had good
> >>>>> reasons for making that decision. Related to your other point, the reason
> >>>>> children could develop autism from mercury could be because of an allergic
> >>>>> reaction to mercury.
> >>>> An allergic reaction to mercury would be caused by a specific type of
> >>>> immune response, similar to the reaction I have to some types of pollen.
> >>>> People who are allergic to peanuts get a similar type of allergic
> >>>> reaction when they eat peanut butter.
> >>>>> There may be other reasons. Have you done any
> >>>>> research on a disease called hemochromatosis. Many researchers believe
> >>>>> this disease develops because of genetics. It's also possible that
> >>>>> children that develop autism have a genetic disorder that causes them to
> >>>>> accumulate mercury in their bodies.
> >>>> Evidence that this is actually occurring, please.
> >>>>> That means that children that do not
> >>>>> have this genetic problem would NOT accumulate mercury in their bodies and
> >>>>> therefore not develop autism.
> >>>>> jason
> >>>> This is hypothetical, at best. It fails to explain why mercury poisoning
> >>>> affects different parts of the brain than are affected in autism. It
> >>>> also fails to explain why the genes that have been identified in autism
> >>>> have nothing to do with handling mercury in the body.
> >>>> Jeff
> >>> Jeff,
> >>> Yes, it is hypothetical but it could explain why some children develop
> >>> autism shortly after getting a vaccine that contains mercury and other
> >>> children do NOT develop autism after taking vaccines that contain mercury.
> >>> jason
> >> If mercury affected the same parts of the brain, then, hypothetically,
> >> yes. But, because it affects different parts of the brain, then, mercury
> >> doesn't cause autism.-
>
> > Thats ridiculous! You sound like a tobacco lawyer, smoking causes lung
> > cancer, there is no way it could cause throat cancer, it just doesnt
> > do that!
>
> Bad analogy. Mercury causes a lot of problems, in many different organs.
> A better analogy is claiming that tobacco doesn't cause sickle cell
> anemia, because it doesn't cause the mutation that causes sick cell anemia.



Autism is a BRAIN disorder? Mercury is a NEUROtoxin



>
> So, I am correct. For mercury to cause autism, it would have to affect
> the particular parts of the brain that are affected in autism. It doesn't..




I know mercury targets the GABBA receptors which cause horrendous
seizures.


What about the children in Minamata Japan that were born with
congential mercury poisoning, why didnt they all have the same
symptoms? Perhaps it was timing of brain growth? Some children were
born deformed, I imagine those babies were poisoned in the first
trimester......





>
> Jeff- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

From: dr_jeff on
Donna wrote:
> On May 5, 6:45 pm, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>> Donna wrote:
>>> On May 5, 6:07 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>>>> Jason wrote:
>>>>>>> This is true, known cases of mercury poisoning cause microcephaly not
>>>>>>> macrocephaly, BUT, how do we know its not possible that mercury can
>>>>>>> have this effect on a babies brain development? Do you have scientific
>>>>>>> studies proving mercury doesnt cause macrocephaly? Does smoking only
>>>>>>> cause lung cancer?
>>>>>> Below, you say you did lots of research. You tell us.
>>>>>>>>> If you seen that evidence, you would probably say that it
>>>>>>>>> was just a coincidence that the two lists were similar. However, millions
>>>>>>>>> of people now believe that it is not a coincidence that the lists are
>>>>>>>>> similar or in some cases identical.
>>>>>>>> Believe is the key word. Fact is that autism is *not* caused by mercury
>>>>>>>> or vaccines.
>>>>>>>> Jeff
>>>>>>> I think Autism is caused by mercury, from observation and from tons of
>>>>>>> research. Sure, its not as severe as congenital mercury poisoning,
>>>>>>> But, I feel children with Autism are the way they are because of heavy
>>>>>>> metals causing damage to a childs brain.
>>>>>> Your research isn't very good then. After mercury was removed from
>>>>>> vaccines, autism rates didn't go down. Nor do epidemiological studies
>>>>>> support your conjecture.
>>>>> That's a good point. However, vaccines are NOT the only source of mercury
>>>>> poisoning. For example, fish also contains mercury. If ALL mercury was
>>>>> removed from vaccines, children would still develop autism if they ate
>>>>> fish that contained mercury.
>>>> Actually, mercury doesn't cause autism. It causes other types of brain
>>>> damage.
>>>>> However, it's the opinion of lots of experts
>>>>> that less children would develop autism since not all children eat fish
>>>>> that contain mercury and many children may NEVER be exposed to mercury.
>>>> No, it is not. Mercury doesn't cause autism.
>>>>> Almost everyone knows people that are lactose intolerant. There are some
>>>>> experts that believe that some children are mercury intolerant.
>>>> Really? What is "mercury intolerance"?
>>>>> In other
>>>>> words, they develop a reaction to mercury and that reaction could be
>>>>> autism.
>>>> Which experts? Evidence please.
>>>>> I have read that there is a test that doctors can conduct to
>>>>> determine if a child has an allergic reaction to mercury.
>>>> http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/mercurytests....
>>>>> I don't know the
>>>>> reason why the children that have autism are not tested to determine if
>>>>> they have an allergic reaction to mercury.
>>>> Because the very rare allergic reactions to mercury are very rare and
>>>> are just like any other allergy (a particular type of immune response).
>>>> They don't cause autism.
>>>> Jeff-
>>> Jeff, that is NOT true, mercury is a NEUROTOXIN it doesnt matter who
>>> is exposed to mercury, its TOXIC to all human beings, But some are
>>> more sensitive to the toxicity of mercury than others.
>> That's irrelevant. An allergic reaction is a specific type of reaction
>> mediated by the immune system. It has absolutely nothing to do with the
>> other biological properties of a compound.
>
>
> So, are you saying some can ingest poison chemicals and not have a
> reaction, while others can die from it? You dont make any sense.

Some people will have an allergic reaction to peanuts. So some people
who eat something with just a tiny bit of peanut in it will die, while
most are unaffected.

Just like some people sneeze and have runny noses from pollen allergies,
even though not all do.

So, yes, I am correct.

Jeff

>>> There is absolutely not one single study proving mercury doesnt cause
>>> Autism, There are NUMEROUS studies proving mercury causes seizures and
>>> brain damage.
>> Yet, there are many studies have looked at correlation of Thimerosal and
>> autism. No correlation has been seen.
>
>
>
> Have you actually read any of those studies? These are PHARMA paid
> studies, that didnt even use good science, they only used
> observations.

Observations? Something wrong with that?

> We arent talking about walking on the moon, where we
> spend billions of dollars, we are talking about CHILDRENS lives.

Millions of which have been saved by vaccines.

> We
> have a serious epidemic of developmentally disabled children in our
> country, I think they should be number one priority over anything
> else. Lets not forget about the children with obesity and cancer and
> asthma, and every other disease known.

You're making the false assumption that I am forgetting about the other
diseases or about kids with developmental problems.

Yet, there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, and only rarely do
they cause other problems.

And, they do save millions of lives.

> I was watching a Documentary about human relationships, They
> interviewed a Mom in Fl, Her young son killed himself because he was
> being bullied and tormented. She managed to get Jeffrey's law passed
> in Fl. that makes it a law that schools take charge when a child is
> being bullied. This Mom not only used her brain, But she used her
> HEART, SOUL and EMOTIONS to get a "wrong" corrected.
>

And your point is? Please don't say that always using one's emotions is
the right thing to do. Emotions lead people to incorrect conclusions,
like autism is caused by vaccines.

Jeff

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye17IH5Hb0M
>
>
>
>> The biggest study was done when thimerasol was removed from vaccines.
>> Yet, no decrease in the incidence of autism was seen.
>>
>> You can't absolutely prove that something doesn't cause something else.
>> I can prove that the size of the huge hurricaine on Jupiter is causing
>> me to lose weight. However, there are far better explanations, like not
>> eating as much and getting more excercise. Likewise, I cannot prove that
>> autism is not caused by thimerasol. However, the issue has been
>> examined, and the data indicate that timerasol does not cause autism. No
>> mechanism is known how thimerasol could cause autism (being a neurotoxin
>> is not enough - the mechanism of how timerosal is toxic is well known,
>> yet, the damage done by thimerasol is not consistant with autism.
>> Different parts of the brain are damage, and over a different time
>> course. And, autism has a genetic basis.) So, there's no evidence that
>> autism is caused by thimerosal and plenty of evidence that it isn't.
>>
>> Jeff- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
From: dr_jeff on
Donna wrote:
> On May 7, 7:22 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>> Donna wrote:
>>> On May 5, 10:48 am, Happy Oyster <happy.oys...(a)ariplex.com> wrote:
>>>> On Wed, 5 May 2010 04:24:04 -0700 (PDT), Donna <kevysmo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> Jeff, that is NOT true, mercury is a NEUROTOXIN it doesnt matter who
>>>>> is exposed to mercury, its TOXIC to all human beings, But some are
>>>>> more sensitive to the toxicity of mercury than others.
>>>> Not true. It depends on
>>>> - chemical compound in which mercury is part of
>>>> - percentage
>>>> - intake dosis
>>>> - way of intake
>>> Thats NOT true, why do you continue to spread this false information?
>> You are nuts? There are different mercury compounds. Each has different
>> properties.
>
>
>
> Yes, BUT....Mercury is highly toxic, it doesnt matter what compound it
> is!

Yeah, it does. Methylmercury and ethylmercury are different compounds
and metabolized by the body differently.

> Yes, some mercury compounds are more toxic than others, I would say
> dimethylmercury is the most toxic!

So what? Why should I care what you say? You just said it doesn't matter
what compound it is, and then some mercury compounds are more toxic than
others. You can even keep what you're saying straight.

Jeff

>> What you're suggesting is that because water, acetic acid, and DNA are
>> compounds that have hydrogen in them, they all behave the same way. They
>> don't.
>
>
>
>
> Are you TRYING to tell me thimerosal isnt toxic? Can you prove to me
> that thimerosal doesnt cause brain damage to a
> fetus or newborn infant?
>
>
>
>
>> And when you say that way of intake doesn't matter, that's like saying
>> that swimming in the ocean is the same thing as drinking a glass of water.
>>
>> Your argument is wrong and very stupid.
>
>
>
> Thats not what I was saying, I SAID that it doesnt matter who is
> exposed, ITS a neurtoxin, its poison. Of course babies are more
> sensitive, they dont have a full BBB until six months of age.
>
>
>
>> Jeff
>>
>>
>>
>>>>> There is absolutely not one single study proving mercury doesnt cause
>>>>> Autism, There are NUMEROUS studies proving mercury causes seizures and
>>>>> brain damage.
>>>> That is NOT the same!
>>>> .
>>>> --
>>>> ...................................................................http://twitter.com/aribertdeckershttp://twitter.com/kidmed_dehttp://twitter.com/kidmed_de http://twitter.com/aribertdeckers
>>>> ...................................................................- Hide quoted text -
>> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
From: dr_jeff on
Donna wrote:
> On May 7, 7:19 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>> Donna wrote:
>>> On May 7, 6:42 am, dr_jeff <u...(a)msu.edu> wrote:
>>>> Jason wrote:
>>>>> In article <rOednbM0bJckBn_WnZ2dnUVZ_jmdn...(a)giganews.com>, u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
>>>>>> Jason wrote:
>>>>>>> In article <N7WdneWE4KV6v3_WnZ2dnUVZ_tyqn...(a)giganews.com>,
>>>>> u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
>>>>>>>> Jason wrote:
>>>>>>>>> In article <sImdnUMDLvooaHzWnZ2dnUVZ_roAA...(a)giganews.com>,
>>>>>>> u...(a)msu.edu wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> Jason wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> <...>
>>>>>>>>>>> Jeff,
>>>>>>>>>>> Why are you an advocate for a known poison that is also a known
>>>>>>>>>>> neurotoxin?
>>>>>>>>>> No, I am not. I am an advocate for vaccination, which save lives. While
>>>>>>>>>> I am glad that thimerasol has been removed from most vaccines, there is
>>>>>>>>>> no evidence that the chemical poses a risk at the very small doses used.
>>>>>>>>>> And, there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, as some suggest.
>>>>>>>>>>> You remind me of the people that are advocates for tobacco. Do
>>>>>>>>>>> you work for a drug company that sells vaccines that contain mercury?
>>>>>>>>>> No, I work for no drug company. What I say is my own opinion, not those
>>>>>>>>>> of any company.
>>>>>>>>>> Jeff
>>>>>>>>> Jeff,
>>>>>>>>> Thanks for answering my questions. I don't have problems with mercury free
>>>>>>>>> vaccines that have been properly tested. The vaccine for swine flu was NOT
>>>>>>>>> properly tested so I did NOT get that vaccine. I do have a problem with
>>>>>>>>> any vaccine that contains mercury since mercury is poison and is a
>>>>>>>>> neurotoxin. When even small amount of a neurotoxin is injected into a
>>>>>>>>> child, it is like playing with fire. Children (esp. babies) do not have
>>>>>>>>> fully developed immune system. It's for that reason, neurotoxins--even in
>>>>>>>>> small doses--should not be given to children. At the very least, doctors
>>>>>>>>> or nurses should test children to determine if they have an allergic
>>>>>>>>> reaction to mercury.
>>>>>>>> Allergic reactions to mercury are extremely rare.
>>>>>>>>> If they do not have an allergic reaction to
>>>>>>>>> mercury--give them the vaccine. An even better option would be to remove
>>>>>>>>> thimerasol from all vaccines. Do you see my point?
>>>>>>>> I see your point, but, because allergic reactions to mercury are so
>>>>>>>> rare, and doctors are equipped to deal with them, they are a very small
>>>>>>>> concern.
>>>>>>>> Jeff
>>>>>>> Lots of experts would disagree with you. I have read that they have
>>>>>>> removed mercury from all vaccines in Europe. They must have had good
>>>>>>> reasons for making that decision. Related to your other point, the reason
>>>>>>> children could develop autism from mercury could be because of an allergic
>>>>>>> reaction to mercury.
>>>>>> An allergic reaction to mercury would be caused by a specific type of
>>>>>> immune response, similar to the reaction I have to some types of pollen.
>>>>>> People who are allergic to peanuts get a similar type of allergic
>>>>>> reaction when they eat peanut butter.
>>>>>>> There may be other reasons. Have you done any
>>>>>>> research on a disease called hemochromatosis. Many researchers believe
>>>>>>> this disease develops because of genetics. It's also possible that
>>>>>>> children that develop autism have a genetic disorder that causes them to
>>>>>>> accumulate mercury in their bodies.
>>>>>> Evidence that this is actually occurring, please.
>>>>>>> That means that children that do not
>>>>>>> have this genetic problem would NOT accumulate mercury in their bodies and
>>>>>>> therefore not develop autism.
>>>>>>> jason
>>>>>> This is hypothetical, at best. It fails to explain why mercury poisoning
>>>>>> affects different parts of the brain than are affected in autism. It
>>>>>> also fails to explain why the genes that have been identified in autism
>>>>>> have nothing to do with handling mercury in the body.
>>>>>> Jeff
>>>>> Jeff,
>>>>> Yes, it is hypothetical but it could explain why some children develop
>>>>> autism shortly after getting a vaccine that contains mercury and other
>>>>> children do NOT develop autism after taking vaccines that contain mercury.
>>>>> jason
>>>> If mercury affected the same parts of the brain, then, hypothetically,
>>>> yes. But, because it affects different parts of the brain, then, mercury
>>>> doesn't cause autism.-
>>> Thats ridiculous! You sound like a tobacco lawyer, smoking causes lung
>>> cancer, there is no way it could cause throat cancer, it just doesnt
>>> do that!
>> Bad analogy. Mercury causes a lot of problems, in many different organs.
>> A better analogy is claiming that tobacco doesn't cause sickle cell
>> anemia, because it doesn't cause the mutation that causes sick cell anemia.
>
>
>
> Autism is a BRAIN disorder? Mercury is a NEUROtoxin
>
>
>
>> So, I am correct. For mercury to cause autism, it would have to affect
>> the particular parts of the brain that are affected in autism. It doesn't.
>
>
>
>
> I know mercury targets the GABBA receptors which cause horrendous
> seizures.

First, they are GABA receptors, not GABBA receptors. GABA stands for
gamma-amino butyric acid. Second, the receptors prevent seizures, not
caused them.

> What about the children in Minamata Japan that were born with
> congential mercury poisoning, why didnt they all have the same
> symptoms? Perhaps it was timing of brain growth? Some children were
> born deformed, I imagine those babies were poisoned in the first
> trimester......

Well, dah!

Of course, when someone is exposed to something during development
affects their symptoms.

Jeff

>> Jeff- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Prev: A grade of D
Next: Jeff Utz is not a doctor