From: hschinske on
Watch out for these folks:

seattle craigslist > eastside > gigs > writing gigs
please flag with care:

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist
Looking for active pregnancy forum posters
Date: 2010-01-26, 9:30PM PST
Reply to: gigs-uqkvm-1572600832(a)craigslist.org [Errors when replying
to ads?]

I am looking for active participants in various pregnancy forums to
post subtle advertisments promoting a great, free service for pregnant
couples. You must have a significant post history. I will pay $7 per
post. Please send me the forums you post on, and a few samples of your
posts.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
commercial interests
* Compensation: $7 per forum post via paypal
From: Betsy on
hschinske(a)mouse-potato.com wrote:
> Watch out for these folks:
>
>
> I am looking for active participants in various pregnancy forums to
> post subtle advertisments promoting a great, free service for pregnant
> couples. You must have a significant post history. I will pay $7 per
> post. Please send me the forums you post on, and a few samples of your
> posts.

Do you think that higher volume posters who are not spammers will
suddenly turn into spammers?

--Betsy
From: hschinske on
On Jan 27, 1:17 am, Betsy <be...(a)eskimo.com> wrote:
> hschin...(a)mouse-potato.com wrote:
> > Watch out for these folks:
>
> > I am looking for active participants in various pregnancy forums to
> > post subtle advertisments promoting a great, free service for pregnant
> > couples. You must have a significant post history. I will pay $7 per
> > post. Please send me the forums you post on, and a few samples of your
> > posts.
>
> Do you think that higher volume posters who are not spammers will
> suddenly turn into spammers?
>
> --Betsy

No, I meant to watch out for the inevitable results if these folks
actually succeed in hiring anyone. Though you have a good point:
people who've been heavy posters hitherto *without* being spammers are
likely down on spam and would never consent to take such a job.

More generally, this post serves as a warning that there are people
out there getting paid to sell stuff by pretending to be just another
mommy.

Mind you, I *deserve* seven bucks for some of my posts :-) (only
some ...)

--Helen
From: Betsy on
hschinske(a)mouse-potato.com wrote:

> Mind you, I *deserve* seven bucks for some of my posts :-) (only
> some ...)
>
> --Helen

I agree that you do.

I glance here to make see that any real posts aren't ignored, but pine
for the active days of the past. I started lurking here 12 years ago
when ttc my first.

--Betsy