From: kvicky on
I had a 20 weeks ultrasound done and the tech didn't find a bubble in
baby's stomach, she has written maybe due to technical reasons. So I
have another one scheduled at 23rd week, doctor says not to worry till
the next ultrasound.

Has anybody had this experience before and were they able to find the
stomach bubble in the next ultrasound, please reply. I am scared to
death and not able to concentrate at my work.

My baby seems to be very active as I can feel her kicks.

Thanks

From: Pologirl on
Of course you're unable to concentrate on work. You must be beside
yourself with anxiety.

How is your amniotic fluid volume? Did they measure it during the
ultrasound?

If you are comfortable sharing the details, please post exactly what
the ultrasound report says. That would help us understand your
situation better.

Do you want leads to relevant medical papers?

> My baby seems to be very active as I can feel her kicks.

That is good!

Pologirl
2004 Monkey Boy
2005 tiny angel
2006 Hungry Girl (born with a sacrococcygeal teratoma)

From: kvicky on
On Jul 6, 2:10 pm, Pologirl <polog...(a)att.net> wrote:
> Of course you're unable to concentrate on work. You must be beside
> yourself with anxiety.
>
> How is your amniotic fluid volume? Did they measure it during the
> ultrasound?
>
> If you are comfortable sharing the details, please post exactly what
> the ultrasound report says. That would help us understand your
> situation better.
>
> Do you want leads to relevant medical papers?
>
> > My baby seems to be very active as I can feel her kicks.
>
> That is good!
>
> Pologirl
> 2004 Monkey Boy
> 2005 tiny angel
> 2006 Hungry Girl (born with a sacrococcygeal teratoma)

Amniotic fluid volume is normal.
No uterus or adnexal abnormalities are seen.
Cervical length is measured at 4 cm.
The STOMACH also does not appear as sonolucent as
usual. We suspect there is some type of technical reason for this .
Recommend follow-up fetal evaluation of the above parts of the
anatomy after 2 or 3 weeks.

This was from my ultrasound.

From: Pologirl on
kvicky <kavitha.kulka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anybody had this experience before and were they able to find
> the stomach bubble in the next ultrasound, please reply.

For what it's worth, there have been several here before you with the
same question. Here's a link to search this newsgroup for "ultrasound
stomach":

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.kids.pregnancy/search?group=misc.kids.pregnancy&q=ultrasound+stomach&qt_g=Search+this+group

Read the threads in which those posts occur, and check for other posts
by the posters who asked this question (let us know if you need help
figuring out how to do that). You will find much useful information
there.

Hang in there! I know it is hard to do, but try to suspend your
feelings about this. It is much too soon to fear the worst, too soon
even to take action.

Pologirl

PS: If you are the kind of woman who absolutely needs information,
see this paper: http://radiology.rsnajnls.org/cgi/reprint/197/3/729.pdf

From: Pologirl on
kvicky <kavitha.kulka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Amniotic fluid volume is normal.
> No uterus or adnexal abnormalities are seen.
> Cervical length is measured at 4 cm.

All good.

> The STOMACH also does not appear as sonolucent as
> usual. We suspect there is some type of technical reason for this .

This seems to say they did see the stomach and it was normal size;
its contents (normally amniotic fluid) don't look exactly normal. Why
do you think the US tech saw no "stomach bubble"? For what it's
worth, US can have "noise" that appears as gray or white spots or
streaks in areas that should appear black.

To me, this looks like no big deal.

Can you call the clinic and ask questions about the ultrasound report,
and what you thought the tech told you? You should not have to wait
in fear 2-3 weeks for this!

Pologirl

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Shoching
Next: Have you been slandered on the Internet?